The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Sunday, September 03, 2006

To Those Who Labor, Are in Labor, or Labor Under Delusions

Some Brief Thoughts on Labor Day Weekend from some of the flattest land on earth-

First, to all those who work hard at something- I salute you! Enjoy the day off! Then back to the salt mines.

Labor Day is the unofficial start of fall, football, and campaign seasons (which is bloodier is a weekly debate) here in the States. The gentle breeze blowing through my window will soon be replaced by a bitter, mind numbing wind in about oh, 3 weeks or so.

Actually, that's not true, but there is something about the change of season that brings a time of quiet reflection. To me, the end of summer truly marks the passage of time. More so than a birthday, anniversary, New Year's Eve or any other event. The kids are one grade closer to graduation, its another year without my beloved father and dear friend Kim (both passed away in different springs but I feel their loss the most right before the leaves turn color here). Its another year of dreams unrealized, good times past, dates not kept. Then in a few weeks, the colors will burst out and I will see the world as dreams to be realized, good times to come, and dates to keep. The world does indeed turn.

So enjoy the weekend, the grilling, and the weather if you have been lucky enough to avoid Hurricane Ernesto.
Me? The kids and I are off with friends to see Cheap Trick at Ravinia. Then tomorrow I am marching as part of the group from my library in the local parade.

Taffy

Some updates-

Over halfway to the skirt goal.

Got an email from my high school crush- he said that the blue down vest is in the vintage clothing store in the sky. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home