The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getting out of Dodge



Or...let us now praise vacations and stepmothers.

On Wednesday daughter dear and I are off to visit my stepmother in Kansas. This is going to be wonderful! Really!! First, my stepmother is great. My daughter doesn't call her "grandma" because in her words "she is too cool to call that." She is one fantastic person and I love spending time with her. The other reason that this will be great is that this is the first vacation I have had in over a year. It will be fantastic not to have to make decisions, cook for people who's favorite meal is "I don't know," and to not have any place that I have to be.


We are taking the train so my lotions, perfumes, and toothpaste are safe. Plus the cost of the train is less than what the cost of the gas would be- sounds good to me.

So, it may not be the trip to the South Seas with Sam Waterston or some of those other trips that I dream of in my mind but this is going to rock.

So, readers, take care and I promise to write about my trip upon my return.

Taffy

2 Comments:

  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    hope you have a great time, even without Sam.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you're having a great time, but come back, Taffy! We miss you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home