Odds and Ends and The Pillow

Just some random things that I want to comment on-
Audrey Hepburn's little black dress will be auctioned in December. One estimate for the sale is $130,000. I won't be bidding on that- it would take a severe height reduction as well as the removal of several ribs to have me fit in that. Now, if the hat went on the auction block, a second mortgage on Maison Taffy would not be out of the question.
Did a neighbor a solid a week ago by sewing the cushions on her couch. She thanked me with a gift certificate to a local craft store. Went by there yesterday and indulged in some fabric porn ("ohhhh, this feels so good.") Bought some very soft material for a pillow (when made will scan a photo). I love to walk through fabric stores- seeing all the patterns, thinking of the possibilities, touching the bolts (told you it was like porn.) No, its not better than hot sex with Sam Waterston but I now at least I know what the material of the sheets will be.
And now a message to the fans of Lance Bass. All those young gals who hung photo shrines to him in their rooms. I understand. I had a photo gallery of Elton John in my room in the mid 70s. The girls who had the pics of Boy George and George Micheal understand, too. I think they all could have been featured in Lisa Simpson's favorite magazine "Non Threatening Boys" Anybody else I forgot to list?
Taffy

3 Comments:
At 12:20 PM,
Anonymous said…
Richard Chamberlain. From "The Three Muskateers" to "The Thorn Birds" to "Shogun" I drooled over him. Oh well, there is some consolation in that, even though I won't get him, no other woman will either.
Bruin
At 2:15 PM,
Amanda said…
the whole nsync thing passed me by and I couldn't pick any of them out of a line-up.
I don't think Morrissey really comes under the banner of 'non threatening boys'?
At 3:04 PM,
Kathy said…
"Threatening but probably not going to anything but sing about it- intensely"
Love his music.
Separate note to Amamda- did a websearch and the NYPost* ("We fit nicely in your birdcage") says that ThatGirlEmily is sponsored by CourtTV- although no other major news orginazation is reporting this.
*"The Times in the paper of record" - Quiz Show (love your movie quotes and thought that I would throw one in.)
Post a Comment
<< Home