Not Everything is Fine Wine

I am in a mood today- wistful? Thinking about my somewhat mispent youth and early twenties. Time has moved along, I have aged but one thing that is not supposed to age are our teen idols. Maybe seeing them still looking good gives me hope that I am not all that old. David Cassidy isn't looking too bad, Roger Daltrey is still hot, Sam gets better with age...But then there is my ultimate pretty boy crush, John Taylor.MTV first came on the air when I was in college and I spent that first summer watching all 124 videos in their collection. I loved Duran Duran. They were my guilty pleasure- poppy, sweet, musical crack...and their looks! They were all cute but to me John was just drop dead.
I was happy a few years ago when the band reformed with the original line up and couldn't wait to see them. So Simon put on a few pounds- but John! Oh John, to use a phrase of my best friend's "he was ridden hard and put away wet." Too many parties, too many groupies. Sigh.
How has your teen crush aged?
Taffy

1 Comments:
At 1:28 AM,
Amanda said…
I was never a fan of The Durans, but I don't think he looks toooo bad.
I was trying to remember who my equivalant was - maybe Morrisey or Lloyd Cole.
must go goggle him to see- the now
Post a Comment
<< Home