The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Necklace or the Blow on the Head?


Oxygen Magazine just released the results of a poll- it found that women would rather have a plasma screen TV than a diamond solitare necklace and a new top of the line cell phone over a pair of designer shoes. No argument with me here- can't watch "Law and Order" on a ring and besides I never wear diamonds for political reasons (if you like diamonds, go right ahead and wear them happily-my opinion and I respect yours, too).

So, in actuality, that question was a bit rigged when it came to me (Same with the shoes- don't think Manolo Blahnik makes size 12s). It reminded me of a Monty Python sketch where you could have a kick in the shins or a blow on the head. (Yes, the heat has finally gotten to me). But it does raise a good question "What do you really want?" I don't know if the Oxygen poll was comparing similarly priced items so I am not putting any limits on the answers. Looking at the photo of what tops my wish list you can see why.

Maybe I should then rephrase the question, "If money were no object, what item would you love to have either as a gift or personal treat?"

Ponder and enjoy the photo of my dream-a Dusenberg Model JN Convertible.

Taffy

PS Visit the "eh" blog today (link on the right) for a real treat!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "I'll take the blow to the head . . . No, the kick to the shins . . . no . . . "

    If money were no object, I would hire a permanent Household Helper to paint my house, weed around my trees, install new floors, force my children to practice their instruments (preferably without bloodshed), etc. Also, $ = no object for the paint, flooring, etc.

    The painting and new floor may actually happen this year (via DH's and my labor, unfortunately). The weeding is unending since we live in Florida. You kill a weed and jump out of the way as another one sprouts up and pokes you in the eye. I hate to weed. I very happily pay for weeding but it has to be kept up all the time.

    Barring a permanent H.H., I would take the diamond necklace. Actually , DH owes me a diamond bracelet (or at least a nice dinner out) for chaperoning ALL the spring field trips for BOTH kids so that he didn't have to take time off work. Maybe field trips involving amusement parks could be part of the H.H.'s responsibility as well.
    Fluffy

     
  • At 2:17 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    well, George Clooney, obviously

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not very good at spending money. If you were to give me some you need to put a deadline on it like one of those bad Richard Pryor movies - "spend this by 5pm tomorrow or lose it all."

    I also might want something expensive but then over analyze and consider the cost of long-term maintenance, practicality, etc.

    But, pushed to the wall, I would get a Porshe Boxster and an incredibly expensive bottle of champagne.

    -Bruin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home