The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Monday, August 07, 2006

Make Mine a Whiskey Sour

Bartender to Dorothy Parker "What are you having?'
Dorothy Parker "Not much fun."

Short post today. I am still recovering from the bout of heat of exhaustion from last week (though having lunch with my best friend and buying those new pumps did wonders to begin to recharge me) Currently sitting here listening to the Smithereens (and thinking too much about someone from my past- ever wonder if they think of you, too?)


Summer is winding down. Son and husband are off to Canada to fish- that part of Canada above Minnesota where I don't think there is anything. So tomorrow laden with 200 pounds of equipment and 40 pounds of munchies for the drive they are off. So much for "roughing it." Daughter and I will hang out here for a week until we are off on our mini-trip (more on that later.)

So, the rest of the day will be spent just kicking it (maybe taking a nap since I stayed up to watch "Lone Star"- great movie even if the end makes you go "ewwww.")

I will leave you with my quote from my favorite episode of Family Guy. It's from "Brian in Love"- which features none other than my boy Sam Waterston as Brian's psychiatrist.

Chris is on the phone
Chris:What are you wearing? (Pause) Wow, I bet you can see right through that.
Lois: Chris, who are you talking to?
Chris: Grandma

Taffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home