The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What Have I Been Doing Lately?

Yes, Taffy is still here. Working, dealing with the terminally angry teens in my house who think that I am just so unreasonable because I insist that homework be done, rooms cleaned before the board of health fines us, etc .

Here are some other things-

First, I have been freezing! Yesterday, the high was about 56 degrees and the low in the lower 40's I woke up and had to find another blanket to toss on myself.

I have also suggested that we construct a shrine in our workroom to Keith Olbermann aka "Our Hero" and some of us at work are major fans. His "special commentaries" are intelligent and devastating. Keep it up, Keith!!
Ok, so maybe not a shrine, but I am bring in some pics for my desk collage (which includes Anderson Cooper and of course, my boy, Sam Waterston)
Which brings me to Friday, the season premiere of the Mothership. Guess who has to to work? I get out at 9 and am calling home to make sure the tv is on when I open the door.

I may miss part of "Law and Order" but I did get to see "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"- the show penned by Aaron Sorkin. Looked pretty good- the bar was set very high with me because of his work on "The West Wing" I remember watching the first episode and even before they smashed into the credits I thought the show was the greatest thing I had ever seen on television. "Studio 60" didn't get off to that kind of start but I really like a lot of the cast and Matthew Perry is excellent. Hope it lasts against "CSI: Duluth"- or whatever it is up against.

My book of the week is "Dorothy Parker's New York"-a nice little book which frames her life and work as literary walking tour. I am a big fan of Mrs. Parker- one day if I ever get back to Manhattan I would love to sit at the Algonquin and order a whiskey sour (our saved favorite alcoholic beverage). If anyone wants to read an excellent biography, check out "What Fresh Hell is This?" by Marion Mead (the title comes from the phrase DP said every time the phone rang.)

So those are the goings on at Maison de Taffy. Nothing very exciting. Looking forward to going out with the Sex and the Suburbs girls in a few weeks and a wedding after that. The wedding is something I promise to write about as it promises to be a reunion of now 40something frat boys who will probably get blotto and sing "Louie, Louie"- no, I am not kidding.

Peace,

Taffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home