Tops and Bottoms

I was all set to sit down and gush over my latest dieting milestone when I looked at the blog. It all seems so trivial. In a sense so unfair that life just rolls along and goes back to the same old, same old without some higher sense of purpose. Just got an email from a high school friend- on June 22 she and her husband decided that they will be moving to Hungary and he will head up Habitat for Humanity's operations in Europe. They leave this weekend. It takes me 20 minutes to decide what to wear to work and remember I work at a library not Harper's Bazaar- and she and her family are going to change the world one house at a time. I am in awe of her commitment.
With regards to the anniversary of September 11 and the current political situation in America, Keith Olbermann's show Countdown on MSNBC is must viewing. From "Ground Zero" he gave an incredible commentary (saying that it was personal- he lost 2 friends on the flights and 2 more in the towers). Just moments before the prez gave his latest "non-political political" speech, KO did a slice and dice on him for wasting all the political goodwill he had after the attacks. Then he added that for every day that Ground Zero stands empty with no memorial it's as if the terrorists have won. Keith makes me proud to be an American. You can check out his "Special Commentary" here-http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6210240/
R.I.P. Ann Richards (former gov of Texas, political commentator) You were a person who told it like it was and a great broad- and I mean that in the finest sense of the word.
Tomorrow I will post about the pants- but I think one more day of reflection wouldn't be a bad idea.
Taffy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home