The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My Addiction


Hi, my name is Taffy and I am addicted to youtube.com

I don't know when I first stumbled upon this site but now I am hooked. It's the internet's treasure chest of videos. Find things long ago enjoyed and now forgotten, discover things that you never knew existed.

Here are some of the things that I have found- snippets of my favorite cult television show Forever Knight. This Canadian-German coproduction aired late on Saturday nights in the 90's. It's the story of a vampire who is now a cop and trying to regain his humanity. The show lasted 3 seasons. The writers didn't take the cancellation well and killed off just about every major character in the last few episodes. Check out sexy vampire Vachon putting the moves on Tracy in "Fever"

Music videos! XTC's The Disappointed, Porcupine Tree's Blackest Eyes, and my fav, Steely Dan. Someone has posted their 1972 appearance on "Midnight Special" It's the only time that I have seen David Palmer as the lead vocalist. The original videos and some new ones that people have put together- great stuff.

Santa Barbara!! The soap opera with a twisted sense of humor. Cruz, Eden, CC! All on youtube!!

Once I get surfing, it's hard to stop. Especially when I find treasures such as "Law and Order" with Kermit the frog busting Fraggles!

And yes, I am slowly working my way through the Sam Waterston Collection.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have enjoyed UTube through others pointing out entries such as:

    Peter Cook and Dudley Moore's version of "The Thunderbirds"

    Ed O'Bannon leading a UCLA 8-clap during the NCAA Final Four

    2 guys heckling Stephen Smith during the NBA draft

    And of course that video with the guys on the treadmills

    -Bruin

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ahhhh, you know I'm going to have to look at ALL of those now....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home