The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Saturday, October 06, 2007

The Words

No new developments on the divorce---sigh. And I am not mentioning the Cubs--double sigh- so today I thought I would talk about words. Namely, song lyrics. This week saw me watching Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" video numerous times--lets just say, it fit.

Got me thinking about some other songs lyrics that either fit or just sounded good. Here are a few of my favorites.

Can't pretend that growin old never hurts--Pete Townsend "Slit Skirts"

They're mixing with the population
A virus wearing pumps and pearls--Donald Fagan "Tomorrow's Girls"

You say we'll soar like two birds through the clouds
But soon you'll cage me on your shelf
I'll never learn to be just me first
By myself---Carly Simon "That's the Way I've Always Heard it Should Be"

She made a combination

Of despair and inspiration
A mother and a mistress
A sister to her sisters
A child who hoped her dreams come true
But now she’s only stuck with you --OMD "Women III"

Countin the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
They've all gone to look for America--Simon and Garfunkel "America"

You were the best thing
I should never have seen--The Pretenders " Human"

I remember hating you for loving me--Berlin "The Metro"

Counting Stars by Candlelight--Grateful Dead- "Terrapin Station"

Baby if you want to be wild, you got a lot to learn-Bruce Springsteen "Candy's Room"

and one of my friends and I all time favorite camp classics

"I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine"--Murray Head "One Night in Bangkok

Have a favorite? A song that says a lot or something fun? Let me know.

I will leave you to find Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black" on your own. Here is another song with great lyrics--and nice visuals (Paul McGann and David Tennant are yummy) -a Doctor Who fanvid with the song "What about Everything?" by Carbon Leaf

1 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    my all time fav- "in a perfect world we'd all sing in tune, but this is reality so give me some room" by Billy Bragg. It's an old one and not quite so relevant with the whole "idol" thing but it always gets me singing along.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home