The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Seeds Planted, But No Blooms...Yet

My summer started with a grand list of plans--and a packet of seeds.

Everything I had been planning, waiting for, was finally about to begin....

Shame it hasn't turned out the way I planned.

I was so proud of planting the first garden I had ever tried. I turned over the soil, rototilled, and planted seeds.

And I waited for the plants to grow and the flowers-in this case Shasta Daisies- to bloom.

I looked on them as a metaphor for my new life. Seems that they turned out to unfortunately be very apt ones.

I went ahead with my plans to start a new life--one as a single mom......everything is rolling along-except for the fact that other party has yet to leave la maison.

Every other day or so this summer I would go out to the garden and look at my daisies. Now the plants are almost five feet tall! There were blooms but they didn't open-ever. So I checked on the web and found out the a fact that the packet forgot to mention--Shasta Daisies don't bloom the first year!

So, here I sit--not taking one step back, but glancing over my shoulder and smiling at all the ground I have already covered.

And looking forward to just how much further I will have come when the daisies do bloom.

Taffy

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what a great attitude. you will be so excited to see the daisies bloom next summer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home