Updates on Shakira and the Red Army
It was not been very quiet or fun here, to be honest. Seems like every time I turn around there is some disaster to be dealt with. Everyone around me seems to stuck in almost the same boat,too. So I have been escaping through belly dancing and living inside my head (big time-and sorry, no I won't be sharing all of it--this girl needs to have some air of mystery around her) with, among other things, the Red Army.First, the belly dancing. I have finished two sessions and am just starting the third. I love it!! Great fun, great exercise and a way to start not hating my body so much. No, I am no Shakira but I am a bit more graceful and confident.
Now to the Red Army. Still under personal siege with a lot things. I was sitting here faced with it all proud of refusing to take one step back but feeling stuck. Then I remembered the rest of the history lesson. The siege of Stalingrad lasted the winter. The Russians survived by bringing in supplies across the frozen rivers---and reinforcing. Once spring came, they were ready. It was no longer about "not one step back" but about driving the Nazis out of Russia. So, they went on the attack and never let up. And they won.
So, now, the time for just surviving is over.....it's time reclaim what is mine. Time to move ahead. Time for action.
I'll keep you posted.
Taffy
"Victory is Mine!!"---Baby Stewie

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home