The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Monday, February 12, 2007

For The Dogs

Tonight and tomorrow night I will be watching one of the great sporting events- The Westminster Dog Show. I love seeing all the breeds. If you love dogs, check it out. I first saw the breed of dog that I have- a Havanese- on the show. It is a wonderful way to see all the breeds.

The favorite to win the show is a Dandie Dinmont Terrier named Harry who is owned by comedian Bill Cosby.

The picture is of a former champion- a bichon frise named JR who won in 2001 (JR was personality plus and his handler says he still gets fan mail). Tomorrow I will post a photo of my dog- not a champion, but a winner in my eyes, Cocoa.

The show is being broadcast live on the USA network, tonight and tomorrow. Enjoy!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Taffy!

    I watched the second night, mainly tuning in to see the breed we own, a Golden Retriever. The one who won in its class was named "Rotten", and he sure was pretty, but I never see them win "Best of Class" in the Sporting Group....I guess they're too "common". "Common" they may be, but for good reason: we're on our third Golden, and they are the sweetest dogs around. (If you can stand all the shedding!) I fell asleep shortly after seeing this class, though! :-(

    Henny P

    PS....I can't help thinking of the movie "Best in Show" when watching these dog shows! :-D

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me again....

    I just went to the Westminster Kennel Club site, and see that James, the Springer Spaniel won. He is from my neck in the woods, here in Virginia. Although he is a pretty Springer, I'm sure he won because he was so heavily favored....such a shame these shows have to be so political, and not based purely on the beauty of a particular breed.

    Henny P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home