Vampires- Good and Bad
Well, it's been another character building week around here. So, to relax, I popped in the player a copy of Forever Knight (season 3- I, unlike many other fans, loved season 3 but more on that later). Watching it got me thinking about vampires.Oh, yes, I firmly believe that there are vampires that walk the earth and find their way into our lives-and, unfortunately, they are not the sexy Nick Knight/Javier Vachon type.
Vampire is the name that I give those people in my life that will attempt to drain me dry for their own ends. You may find them at work, living off your effort (luckily not at my current job), while they kick up their feet, or in your personal life, demanding this, that, and the other thing from you while they just slide on through with a minimum of effort. In the vampire's eyes, you can never give enough or do enough. You are there strictly for their desires and heaven forbid if what you want would make them detour from their course by even an inch.
Can you tell I've had some experience with this lifeform? It's been one of my new year's resolutions to free myself from them. Garlic, crucifixes, and sunlight won't work. Distance and confidence seems to be the way.
Now, on to the good vampires-the sexy vampires of television and movies (and heavens, no!, not Tom Cruise's LeStat-ugh!!) I love the vampires in the first Underworld movie (if I could squeeze into Kate Beckinsale's outfit, I would be a very popular girl indeed) and the 90's cult show, Forever Knight. It's the story of an 800 year old vampire who wants to be mortal again. He's working as a detective in Toronto to atone for his sins. It's high trash, good fun and sometimes
downright sexy. Geraint Wyn Davies (Nick Knight) and Ben Bass (Javier Vachon) are very nice visuals.So, if you are looking to escape the real life vampires in your life, rent some of these instead-much more fun than the real thing.
Have a good week!
And GO BEARS!!
Taffy
Vampire Slayer
PS Last week Ben Bass was on "Law and Order!"

1 Comments:
At 11:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
I live with some people who minimize my role in their successes, demand all my energy and time, and heaven forbid I should ask anything of them in return . . . wait - those are not vampires, those are my kids. :-) F.
Post a Comment
<< Home