The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Life At the Moment

Yes, it currently is resembling the Diet Coke and Mentos experiment (and not with cute Anderson Cooper when he did it on his show either) Makes about as much sense, too.

I am in whirlpool of the holidays-waiting on amazon.com to send the big box with several gifts that must then be wrapped and shipped to 4 states. Oh, a big shout out to Jackson and Perkins for sending TC his gift in only two days!!

The kids have every project and test known to man before the holidays-and I have been trying to work my way through the "Cracking the GRE" book. I think at this point that I would outscore my dog, Cocoa in all areas including math but I am still struggling. I just can't seem to concentrate on anything. So what do I do?

*Watch...let's all say it "Law and Order"
* Check out youtube.com- hey, today I watching videos by Brooks and Dunn and The Dead Kennedys! (No, not together, but that would be cool)
*Making lists about what I have to do
*NOT eating (one good thing)
*Writing emails, blog entries, grocery lists
*Stressing

Maybe I need to put the GRE thing on hold until after the holidays.

Going out this weekend to shop with the Suburbanistas- and yes, there will be a rehydration component to the afternoon. Then on Monday, two coworkers and I are going to have a special holiday lunch at one of the nicer restuarants in town. Maybe that will recharge my batteries....and get me moving in some direction.

So I will leave you with a quote from my fav-Miss Dorothy Parker-
(In answer to what she'd like for breakfast)
Just something light and easy to fix. How about a dear little whiskey sour?

In Illinois eateries we are forced to wait until lunch. I will toast all of you on Sunday

Taffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home