The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Welcome to the Holidays!!

Yes, Thursday kicks off the "most wonderful time of the year" The celebration of peace on Earth, goodwill, and everything that gives capitalism a bad name. Stores are opening at midnight on Thursday to start the shopping! Someone was shot while standing in line to buy a damn Playstation!! The time of food, frivolity, and exhaustion.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot to love about the holidays. I love thinking about finding (or this year making) just the right gift for the people close to me. I love the decorating. The first snow. The excitement that always fills the air. The problem is the bedlam that surrounds it. Throw in finals, Daughter Dear's birthday, Wonderful Son's family anniversary, two holdiay concerts and now you know why I put the picture of the steamroller on the blog.

So, if you travel- be safe. Enjoy (or in some cases tolerate as best you can) the time you spend with the family (Me? We are having dinner here and the kids and their dad are having dessert at his sister's. I have "a thing"- a season long commitment to the NFL and there is a night game on-oh, darn......sorry, can't come. Plus I work on Friday- yeah!!). Eat what you want, do as much as you want, life is more than buying everything on your shopping list.

Give Thanks.
I give thanks for my mother, sister, stepmother, kids, co-workers, galpals, fellow bloggers, friends, email buddies.....for my memories, for my dad, for the fact that tomorrow really is another day, another possibility......I give thanks for the promise of the future, for the gifts of love and laughter.
I give thanks for it all!
Love,
Taffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home