The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Monday, October 30, 2006

Sweet 16 Turns....

31- at least according to the Bob Seger song. Actually this former "Sweet 16" turns 45 this Thursday. Sigh. I don't feel 45- really I don't. At work they thought that I was 38 when I started. I still think it's neat that I get to sit at the grown-up table at holiday events, I still dance in the kitchen when no one is looking, and have crushes on movie stars.

So just what have I learned in these past 45 years?
Here are some of the highlights--

It's never too late- you can always try- a new career, a new way of living, a new way of thinking.

The importance of memory--yes, they can hurt, but they can also heal, help and get you through some very bad patches by reminding you how life can be.

If you have got friends, you can face the world!

Don't drink and dial.

Never fight a ground war in Asia.

It's always better if the right music is playing.

The best episode of "Law and Order" is from season 14- "Bodies" aka the McCoy Motorcycle Episode.

Drink more water but don't forget to enjoy a good whiskey sour once in a while.

Shopping- there's always something.

I know there are a lot more and I will probably add them during the week but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.


And now to the Shout Outs!!

Thanks to my family- mom, my sister Bruin, stepmother Charleen, and my kids. Thanks for all the love and support- we may be a small group, but you guys rock!!!

Thanks to my friends- Eve, Lisa and Sue (The Sex and the Suburbs gals aka my sisters), "Cousin" Ellen, Janine, Gwenn, Karen and a ton of others I have forgotten to mention. I couldn't do without you!


Thanks to T- there are no words that can express it all.

Thanks to my co-workers- especially Donna (for helping me get started on a new path), Maria, Martha, Holly and everyone else- the days fly by- thanks for everything that you have taught me and the laughs we share.

Thanks to D- for giving me an outlet for my political rants.

Thanks to Amanda- first new person to post on my blog! And thanks for all your great postings on your 'eh' blog.

Thanks to everyone- here's to the next 45--btw, my goal is to live to be 120-my great aunt lived to be 102, so I got half a shot.

Love,

Taffy

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a great Birthday!
    or Breithla Shona Dhuit in Irish.
    and thanks for the compliment....right back at ya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home