Wonderfully Awful
By now just about everyone on the planet knows what my favorite television show is- let's all say it together...LAW AND ORDER.And while TNT does air about 124 hours of it a week there are times when I am forced to watch something else. So today I am writing about my second favorite show- "Jericho" which airs on CBS Wednesdays at 7 central.
First, let me say that this show is awful. Wonderful, awful fun. Think Mystery Science Theatre 3000 without the robots (we'll get to that again later). The show has a fantastic premise- nuclear weapons are dropped on the United States and the 5,000 residents of Jericho, Kansas are struggling to get information and survive. I was thinking that this could be a powerful as the movie "Testament" or at least "The Day After" It could have been if the writers had a clue-any clue- and that, in the end makes it fun.

Here are some of the weekly treats-
The "Previously on 'Jericho'" portion which gets longer every week-they show the mushroom cloud, the mayor saying "Looks like Denver" every week-by the end of the season the writers should only have to come up with only 4 minutes of new dialouge.
The Rolling Hills of Kansas- there is a farm outside of town with scenery that have apparantly remained unknown to any actual resident of the the state. Check out the picture-nowhere in Kansas can anyone see the Rocky Mountains. Geography was not the writer's best subject in school.
The unending stupidity of the populace of the town-one poster on Television Without Pity said the location of the town is actually "Magnetic Stupid"
Everyone who watches the show, wants the leading lady to just die already.
The hero's brother is a moron. I have found that mentally ending any sentence directed at him with the words "dumb ass" greatly increases my viewing pleasure. Daughter Dear and I love to watch it together- she is amazed that a 13 year old can find the plot and reality holes so easily. She loves it. So we sit on the couch and run our own version of MST3K. A true bonding experience.
The board for the show on Television Without Pity is a blast. Everyone agrees the show is stupid but no one can turn it off-they are all having too much fun with it- and we are all hoping to find out what is up with Hawkins, or at least have another shot of Skeet Ulrich coming out of the shower.
So, give it a try tonight, which is the fall season finale (it returns in February) and don't worry about catching up. The 'previously on" will take care of that!
Taffy

1 Comments:
At 4:44 AM,
Anonymous said…
you know, I watched the trailers for this and thought many times, 'that looks like my kind of show'. I was a fan of Sunset Beach remember.
Don't know why I keep missing it.....
Post a Comment
<< Home