The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Well, actually that's not really true around here. It was 62 degrees here on Saturday! I survived the annual cooking of the Christmas turkey- about 3 hours into the cooking madness I was tempted to jump in the car and join the line at Wal-Mart-especially since the 44 year old was sitting in the den playing computer games for 4 and 1/2 hours straight (no, I am not exaggerating). Anyway, Daughter Dear and I got the feast on the table- 5 hours to prepare, 20 minutes to eat. Then I celebrated by coming down with a cold and falling asleep during the evening football game.

I worked on Friday-pretty busy day at the library. Today DD and I went on our annual Christmas shopping spree. We hit one of the malls and did get some great deals-one of the teen clothing stores had 50% off of everything. I like this tradition, it's fun to go out shopping with her and finding just the right thing for people. (Sorry, Bruin and Char-no hints).

And now the madness of the next month begins-one birthday (DD), son's family anniversary, two concerts, one staff meeting, 8 hours of customer service training, one monthly report, studying for the GRE (I have remembered none of my high school math and my score is one for a person with low brain wave function) several fashion blog postings, holiday lunch with the gals from work, shopping and rehydration activities with the Suburbababes- all fun (well except for the training...and the math) but busy!

The tree? Seems to fit the season doesn't it? It's from the Neiman Marcus online catalog- it will set you back a mere $300.

Oh, yes, and I have made my Christmas list.....it's the same every year....dinner in Paris with Sam Waterston....hey, I've been a very good girl!!!

Have fun....and enjoy the season!!

Taffy

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that tree just looks weird. and for $300 I'd expect a lot more pressies under it too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home