It's Just Another New Year's Eve
I am sitting here putting off doing some work- I have 6 posts to write for the fashion/shopping website and my inner Dorothy Parker is on a break.The tv is tuned to a football game- go Cincy-and everyone is off to their own corner of the house.
I have never been much of a New Year's Eve/Personal Resolution person. Celebrated the new year at a hotel party, friend's homes, by myself, watched the ball drop on television, watched a Fred and Ginger movie with my dad when I was a teen. Nothing has ever seem to be the right fit.
So this year my plans are to watch the Bears and then Anderson Cooper or Garrison Keillor for the NYC event. Then I'll watch the fireworks in Chicago.
It's been a good year. A lot of personal growth, "getting my act together"- weight loss, great time with friends, good times at work. I look ahead to more of the same. I hope that 2007 brings you joy, happiness, good times, and contentment.
And I leave you with lines from a favorite movie song- "The Magic Store" from The Muppet Movie
Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending
We've done just what we set out to do.
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers, and you.
See in '07
Taffy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home