The List
As Animal said in A Muppet Family Christmas, "Peace on Earth, Give me presents." Okay, I am not that selfish but, well, how do I put this? I don't always get what I really want (and no, unlike Lucy in Peanuts, it's not real estate). I know that it's all about the giving not the getting but is it so bad to ask?
So, Santa- here is my Christmas list (my wish list for the world will be posted in my Festivus blog-The List of Grievances).
Santa, I have been really good this year-just ask-better idea, don't ask-take it on faith (are you Catholic, Santa?)
I would like that Bora Bora getaway that I have been dreaming of- tickets for two. Lots of Christal in the frig. And a foot massage.
I would like to have a flat stomach.
A pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes-I know he doesn't make them in 12's-but can't your elves cobble up a pair?
A Glenda Meis purse- the Jackie in faux leopard.
A weekend in Paris with Sam Waterston-for the trip over he is wearing jeans,at least to start.
If not that, then a motorcycle ride with SW.
Peace and love and yada, yada.
So, what is the Christmas present of your dreams?
Taffy

2 Comments:
At 8:21 AM,
Anonymous said…
Well, there's a cute little BMW convertible that has caught my eye.
And a leather jacket (I could buy that myself but you know I never will).
And a Yamaha keyboard with music lessons 'cause I've always wanted to learn to play piano (if I get good I will ask for the baby grand).
And season tickets (plus airfare, accomodations, etc) to all Bruin basketball and football games.
-Bruin
At 9:35 AM,
Anonymous said…
In no particular order:
-- A new job, for me and for all my friends who want or need one
-- A warm winter (all apologies to Al Gore)
-- No major health crises in any extended family member for at least the next 12 months (a few are teetering on the brink)
-- No major bad crisis in any family or friend's life for at least the next 12 months (I can wish for the same thing again next year)
-- A snowball's chance in hell that my niece's v-ball team will get past the first round of the NCAA championship tournament in 2007.
-- a space in the West Lot of Ryan Field for the 2007 football season
-- a bigger garage that won't take up any more space in our backyard (hey, it's a wishlist, OK?)
-- a live-in housekeeper who is unseen, unfelt, doesn't eat or require payment, but who follows everybody in the house around and cleans up after them (see "wishlist," above)
-- one day with my parents, together or separately. One day is probably all we could take, but that would be nice. I have a lot to tell them.
Post a Comment
<< Home