The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Monday, January 15, 2007

Calling Glinda

Life is just rolling along-got the post holiday blahs. The Bears are winning so at least football season is still going. Wonder how many of you are like me. Do you just get plain, old tired? Tired of waiting, planning, working, dealing with things, waiting for things to deal with, watching the good times fly by while the bad or boring just stick around...and around...and around?
I think we all need a Glinda. You remember Glinda-the beautiful witch from the Wizard of Oz. Good, and lovely, she let Dorothy find her own way but when the chips were down, she showed up to help her find her way home. A few waves of her magic wand and >poof<>
Wouldn't it be nice if everyone were allotted a once a year wave of Glinda's wand? You couldn't use it to hurt anyone but you could request that they move on to other things or perhaps reform themselves. Nasty projects hanging over you could be dispensed with-vacations made longer, the good times extended.

Oh, I know-that's a simplistic view of everything. The lisping monk on the Comcastic commercial says "If you did not know suffering, you would not know happiness." Lovely, now a cable company feels the need to offer me advice. I'll wait for Glinda, thank you.

In the meantime, I'll wait until the sun decides to shine in Illinois again (can you tell I suffer from Season Affective Disorder).

Til then,

Taffy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home