The Pink Taffy Manifesto

Random Thoughts From a Random Girl

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Acting A Little More Animated Lately

Hi! Been busy attending a lot of training session at work lately.
I have learned how to give good customer service, learned about financial databases, discussed westerns, and tomorrow will be taught about valuing diversity.

So no grand post right now....instead I thought that I would share my meez.com self. Yes, friends in the area- I know, I have a way to go to be that thin- but, hey, no one is going to make themselves heavier- wish they had higher heels, though.


Oh, so I am going to throw out a question- what is the lamest work related training you have ever had? What hours of your life will you never get back and if you could, you would demand some kind of compensation?

For me, it was the rah-rah let's all get along session that was held at a preschool I taught at for 3 months. The place was filled with such headcases that the director brought in a facilitator to help everyone deal with each other. I looked around and thought "you people are nuttier than fruitcakes" and found another place to teach. A month later one of them called me to find out if anyone had said negative things about her to me. Hey, gang, is everyone here over the age of 14?

So, does anyone have a story to share?

Taffy

PS I have come to the conclusion my family is crazy, too. When I asked them "Cake or death?" they all said "It depends on the cake."

2 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't a training session - was a project. DAILY 1 hours calls to go over a particular point. At the start of the project in March '06 one of the team memebers announced she was pregnant. 8 months later we were still debating/discussing/arguing the same point and had no resolution - I pointed out that our team memebr had been able to ceate an entire Human being in the time we had been debating but we were STILL unable to come to a resolution. Was met with total silence as people thoght about the amoount of complexity we had put into what shoudl have been a simple issue. Is now March '07 and we still don't have resolution, but the daily calls have ended. I want all of those hours back!

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I work for a Large Company. They do an annual survey of employee satisfaction, which is supposed to be anonymous, but you have to put down who you report to. This means that your manager gets his/her "satisfaction results" and has a follow up meeting. These meetings consist of trying to find out who put less than "completely satisfied" in any area. Anyone who admits to having been less than "completely satisfied", or who makes any type of suggestion, is punished by being assigned to an "improvement team" which then has meetings to solve whatever the problem was. The meetings go on until the improvement team members give up or get transferred to another department. One positive result of all this - after going through the process once, everyone is "completely satisfied" with all aspects of their job on all future satisfaction surveys, which makes the follow up meetings shorter - Fluffy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home